Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How do i use my Linksys router with my "official" xbox 360 wireless adapter?

I have a WRT54GX4 Linksys wireless router which i can't seem to get to work with my official Xbox 360 adapter. I have read the "Official" forums and they do not address this problem and i can't seem to figure it out. Usually when i try to connect it either can't get an IP address or fails the DNS test but i have found that now it even fails the wireless network test even though it sees my wireless network and it passes the wireless network adapter test. I have heard rumors about downloads from xbox live which i cannot find when i finnally dust off the good old ethernet cable. I also checked the Linksys site and it said nothing so i updated my firmware on my router anyway. I am currently running 1.00.17 firmware on my router and 4.3.19.1 firmware on my "official" xbox 360 wireless adapter. Can Somebody please help me?How do i use my Linksys router with my "official" xbox 360 wireless adapter?
On your Xbox 360, make sure that the IP and DNS settings are on Automatic. Make sure your Xbox 360 is turned on and you have the wireless adapter hooked-up, then press the button on the router(Cisco systems), it should now be flashing grey or something(instead of orange) the go back to the console and press the button on the adapter. Then on the Xbox 360 menu, and test the connection. Now you should be able to access Xbox Live, if you can't, go to Xbox.com/support or call 1-800-4my-xbox.How do i use my Linksys router with my "official" xbox 360 wireless adapter?
i kno how to get free internet but its dial up

No comments:

Post a Comment