Saturday, March 10, 2012

Do I need to re-buy a Xbox originals game when I transfer it to my new Xbox 360?

I got a new Xbox 360, and am about to transfer content from my old console to the new one. I had an old profile and bought a bunch of games with it, but deleted it a while back and started a new one. I know that I won't be able to play those games on the new console unless I buy them again, but is it the same for Original Xbox games that I downloaded? You can't be signed into Live when you play them, so I thought it might be different. If I were to, say, buy San Andreas again, would all my saves be still there, and the only difference would be I had bought it under my profile? Any feedback would be helpful, I went to the Xbox.com forums but haven't heard back from them yet.Do I need to re-buy a Xbox originals game when I transfer it to my new Xbox 360?
You will need to either re-buy them under the new profile or recover the profile you did buy them with and re-download them at no extra cost. You will also need to transfer your licenses so the other profiles on your 360 can play the games too.

No comments:

Post a Comment