Saturday, March 10, 2012

Xbox 360 Warranty. Dead confusing, DEFINATELY NEED HELP!?

OK. Had my console for 10 months. I thought it scratched a disc (I'm very careful with my discs) now that game doesn't work. So I sent it into repair by Microsoft Support as precaution.



I thought well it's all good because the warranty isn't up for 3 years. But I think I'm wrong. (After 10 months it has about 26 left)



Apparently the Xbox 360 3 year warranty ONLY covers the console for the RED RING OF DEATH. So anythin like drive problems aren't covered!



After seeing numerous consoles going into repair and coming back worse -- because the repair quality is worse than the build quality -- I fear when my console returns after it's repair for scratching discs, It'll get other problems or even similar problems and it won't be covered!



On the Xbox forum alot of people say that when they have sent their Xbox away, it comes back an dies again, and again, because the repairs suck.



So in 3 months when my proper cover is up, MS will literally break my 360, an only cover the RROD.



True? HELPXbox 360 Warranty. Dead confusing, DEFINATELY NEED HELP!?
First off, did you move the 360 when the game disk was spinning inside? If you did, then that's your fault, not the 360's fault. There's a page in the manual that specifically tells you not to move the 360 when there is a disk spinning inside. If you're worried about your games getting scratched, use a skin protector.



The warranty is only for 1 year except for the ring of death which is 3 years.



People are only complaining about the ring of death, not the other parts. Most people said that they've had to return their 360 several times because of the ring of death, not the other stuff. So, even if you get someone else's 360, you'll most likely get the ring of death, so you'll still be covered.Xbox 360 Warranty. Dead confusing, DEFINATELY NEED HELP!?
Your coverd on parts and hard drive and disc trays ex. for one year and RROD coverd for 3 years

No comments:

Post a Comment