Saturday, March 10, 2012

PC headset to Xbox 360 (details inside)?

I looked on Google, went to all the popular Xbox support forums, but got no answers. No I am not buying anything so please don't suggest any product purchase.



I want to use my PC headset for my Xbox 360 which it sort of works. I can hear through the headset fine since it's plugged into my TV, but the mic is a problem.



I have a microphone jack adapter (1/8" to 3/32"), and it fits into the control. The problem is, I still can't use my mic! My headset mic is perfectly fine, the adapter works like a charm (tested it on other hardware). I dismantled the official Xbox 360 headset to see if the two plastic things that go into your control had to do with something. Apparently it doesn't. Btw the mic switch is on.



So my question is, how am I able to work the mic jack adapter so that I can talk on the 360 console with my PC headset?PC headset to Xbox 360 (details inside)?
You will have to strip the wires and re-wire!



Your PC headphones not the same as the Xbox headset which incorporates a mic. You will have to rewire your mic and headset to your Xbox connector rather than use adapters that are not Xbox compliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment